Epworth Sleepiness Scale
In the following situations, how likely are you to doze off or fall asleep, in contrast to just feeling tired? Use the following scale to choose the most appropriate number for each situation:
- Non: would never doze or sleep
- Low: slight chance of dozing or sleeping
- Moderate: moderate chance of dozing or sleeping
- High: high chance of dozing or sleeping
This refers to your usual way of life in recent times. Even if you haven’t done some of these things recently, try to work out how they would have affected you. It is important that you answer each question as best as you can.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR SCORE
- 0–10 : Normal range in healthy adults
- 11–14 : Mild sleepiness
- 15–17 : Moderate sleepiness
- 18 or higher: Severe sleepiness
If you scored 11 or higher, consider seeing a sleep medicine specialist to diagnose and treat the cause of your sleepiness.